Sunday, June 10, 2007

Moving Day

The furniture is gone, the U-Haul truck is loaded and sitting out front. The plants are in boxes and ready to go in the car with the birds, the fish and the dogs. The parties and goodbyes are almost done. At the moment I'm too tired and stressed to be emotional about it but I'm sure it's going to hit me hard when I least expect it.

I have made a discovery. Logical, but I hadn't thought of it before. Let me be blunt. Most of the people out there driving rental trucks feel like crap. They're most likely making a big life change or in the midst of a big project, they've exhausted themselves packing and loading the damned thing. They haven't had any decent sleep and now they are on the road with a rather large and unfamiliar vehicle. YIKES! After that realization, we got the highest insurance coverage that U-Haul offers!

Gotta go now and get ready for church. The bell choir is playing and it's my swan song. :) One last sweet time with such good and wonderful friends.

Then we leave for new pastures.....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thinking of you this week...because my time (moving) is fast approaching. Hope things are going well.