Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Cows and Quilts

I'm trying again, hoping Blogger will cooperate. And it is! Back to the fair.

Check out what Harris Teeter paid for that steer. And these guys were raised by kids! Zowie!

After all the livestock, gardens, produce, huge pumpkins, antique farm equipment, the midway, food vendors and such, we finally found the building with the quilts. Of course the moment we reached the quilts the camera batteries gave up. The Tramp managed to get photos by letting the camera "rest" in between photos. I asked all around but no one could tell me where to buy batteries!

Too bad they aren't all spread out like in a quilt show, but I was pleased to see how carefully they guarded everything from being touched.
This one especially caught my eye. I'm not fond of the border fabric but the bargello effect is stunning.
This one has a special award but I can't read the ribbon! I love the effect of the colors and quilting design and wish I could have seen it full sized.
The ribbon on this Twelve Days of Christmas says Best of Show.On Thursday evening Mom and I plan to attend the monthly meeting of the Capital Quilters Guild. I suspect we'll meet some of these talented quilters! :)

3 comments:

Cheryl said...

Great quilts. What a lot of work in the Twelve Days of Christmas!
Thanks for the quilt show :-)!

dot said...

Thanks for sharing the pictures of the quilts. Take it easy, healing is such a slow process. I hope all went well at the doctor. I don't know if I missed it but how is your dad doing? I will keep praying for recovery for all.

meggie said...

Thankyou for sharing those lovely quilts with us!
I hope you are getting better!