Friday, March 14, 2008

Finished!

It sure feels good to finish a UFO. In February Mom and I went to a guild workshop to make a Schlepping Bag for carrying large items to sewing workshops. The pattern was created by Java Bee 4 Jive, a group of ladies who are members of the guild. It's made of pieces of decorator fabric, sandwiched and quilted which makes it very heavy! I swore at it not a few times as I struggled to sew on the pockets, binding and straps.

You can see how big it is. I had a hard time finding a place to hang it to take a photo! It's too long to hook on a doorknob. At quilting bee last night someone short had her bag on her shoulder and she had trouble going up and down stairs! :-)


On the inside are a cutting mat pocket, ruler pocket and a zippered tool pocket.


I just received Dawn Ramirez's new DVD, The Pajama Quilter Reloaded. After watching and practicing on a white board, I machine quilted the body of the bag on the Gracie frame and took a crack at dwirling, flowers, and loops with leaves. Fun!




3 comments:

meggie said...

That is a very large bag!
Some pretty cool quilting there!

Vera said...

The bag is too cute. Don't you just love the Dwirling? It is so fun to do..

GraceBeading said...

Hi Katie,

You won a drawing I had on my blog, and I sent you an email a week ago, but hadn't heard from you. If you're still interested in the beaded doll kit, I need your address.

Thanks,
Grace