Thursday, January 7, 2010

Happy New Year!

Hello again. I've been lazy lazy lazy about blogging. :-) But the holidays are over and now I can feel like I have a little more time to sit at my computer.

So.... who can resist a grandchild saying, "CHEESE!"


Or one with a runny nose and a smile. :-)
In a quiet holiday moment I whipped up this little cell phone pouch. Cute! (A Fig Tree pattern)

In November I took a Happy Villages workshop with Karen Eckmeier. A lovely lovely lady. This is my Fairy Tale Village.


I couldn't resist buying her Accidental Landscapes book as well. I made three as Christmas presents. I made this one of Cape Cod Bay for Mom and Dad. I did a bit of browsing online for appropriate photos and came up with this view of Cape Cod Bay at low tide. The ship on the horizon is a depiction of the Liberty ship, SS James Longstreet. It was "planted" there in 1944 as a target ship and has since disintegrated and is no longer visible. I remember hearing the nighttime bombing as a child. My brother says he remembers going to the beach to watch.


These two are New Zealand scenes for The Tramp. The first one is sheep on the Canterbury plains with the Southern Alps in the distance. The sheep are little tiny balls of batting. What a struggle it was to get them looking even vaguely realistic!


This one is of a friend of The Tramp flying his glider over the Southern Alps near Omarama. We have a large framed version of the original photograph in our living room. It must have been an exciting moment for both the photographer and the pilot!


This evening I couldn't resist a few photos of the sky. I almost missed the moment in the few seconds it took to get the camera.




4 comments:

Lorraine said...

Love your landscapes!! I have done a couple but really struggled with them..you have done brilliantly!....very impressive....love the sheep!!

Red Geranium Cottage said...

Nice sky pictures. And the grandkids pictures....adorable.
Love the cell phone case. Was it easy to make Katie??
Happy New Year!!

Tami @ Lemon Tree Tales said...

Your landscape quilts are beautiful! I really like the colors of the fairy tale town one. Wouldn't it be delightful to visit such a place? :-)

Wendy said...

Lovely, lovely, lovely! I'm going to check into that book!