Friday, January 28, 2011

Slow but sure

It took 12 hours for them to put down our new carpet!  Yikes!  A long day for all of us, but I think all the effort and expense is paying off allergy-wise.  Already!  Woooohoooo!

Now I'm trying to get the house back in order.  It's pretty much a blank slate.  Nothing on the walls and not even bedding on the beds.  Actually, I'm finding it a blessing in disguise.  Most everything was where we plunked it down or hung it up when we moved in back in September.  This has been a great opportunity to move things around and put them where we really want them.  One of those things you often don't do unless forced.  Several rooms and the halls still need to be freshly painted, but it's not urgent....except in my mind maybe.  :-)


The very first morning of new carpet and Ivy had a whoops and christened it....sigh.  And the carpet cleaning solution was in the only cabinet I couldn't get to!  But it cleaned up easily.  Not that I let the dogs know that.  LOL


Wow.  From a cluttered mess to this.  I'm still moving around furniture and emptying the bathroom so no photos yet.



Ngaire and Ivy approve of the carpet and have each claimed a favorite stair!


Yesterday I got far enough to see the floor of the bathroom.  Oh look!  There's the Featherweight.  :-)  And today I got as far as the bathtub!


The machines have been liberated also.  I spent a good deal of time today setting them up and crawling around under tables getting everything plugged back in.


Not sure what to do with the scrap bins.  I love how colorful they are but I'm not sure I want to share my newly cleaned space with them.  Decisions, decisions.....


Just now The Tramp called me over to look under his desk and see that he had a dog warming each foot.  :-)  I guess things are back to normal!


2 comments:

Lorraine said...

Rose's favourite spot when I am at the computer is under the desk on my feet.....! Always nice to have the opportunity to get the rooms just how you want them.....glad the carpet has alleviated some of the allergies already!

Lynn said...

Love the new carpet and the space. It feels good to finish such a project (and to move on to new ones), doesn't it?