Saturday, March 17, 2012

Oh dear.....

So much going on, so little time!  I feel like I'm falling behind on everything.  Sigh.  Oh well.  Grandchildren pictures always cheer me up.

Stardust and her mommy.

Apparently Stardust just loves her Uncle LZF!


I love this photo of Grand #3 with his dog.  :-)


And looky here.  Grand #6!  Woot!

This last weekend I went on a sewing retreat with Kathie to Connecticut.  But before I left I had many projects to finish up.  I got the quilt for Stardust done.  I put the finishing touches on this jacket for Eldest Daughter.  I also finished a jacket for Middle Daughter and I was sure I'd taken a photo of it but if it's in my iPhoto I haven't been able to find it.  Hmmmmmm.


Another t-shirt quilt done before I left.


The retreat in Connecticut was led by Karen Eckmeier.  She is publishing a new book and we were part of the "top secret" testing team.  My jacket isn't finished yet.  I can't say much about it but I can show a photo of it when it's finished.  We had the best time at the retreat but were sooo ready to get home after the long weekend and long long drive!

It's still winter in Connecticut.  It's been so warm here we were amazed to see snow on the ground.   The Connecticut scenery included lambs,


the Catskills,


and Kent Falls.


We shopped in Kent, visited with Karen and her delightful husband and then had to buckle down and get sewing.  I can't show you our projects but there is Kathie working hard.  :-)  We were staying at the Wisdom House Retreat Center in Litchfield.  Though our work room was a little small, the accommodations and food, and the company were just fine.


On the way back to North Carolina, Kathie and I stayed overnight in New Jersey with Poyla and Middle Daughter.  This gave me time to give everyone their Christmas presents!  We had a great time with Stardust, who of course, charmed us completely.  :-)


 MD took this absolutely hysterical picture of me reading Brown Bear, Brown Bear to Stardust.


We arrived home on Monday to SPRING!  Wow.  Flowers everywhere.  In the 70s and 80s during the day and people everywhere in summer clothes.  Spring is so early I'm kind of holding my breath waiting for March to go out like a lion.



Tuesday, Mom and Dad moved into their new apartment.  They've downsized considerably so many things have ended up at our house.  My rocking chair is back home.  Yay!  Perfect for sitting looking at the pond.


We sold the guest room furniture and the movers delivered Mom and Dad's twin beds to us on their way to the apartment.  I really really want to paint this room before we set it all up again.  The Tramp is being very patient with all the mess.  On Monday lots of stuff from both houses will be going to the thrift shop and we will all be heaving a sigh of relief.


The speaker and workshop leader at guild this month was Roxanne LessaJulianne and I went together to the Friday workshop, Teeny Tiny Art Quilts.  This was my first attempt.  Eh.  I think it looks better sideways.  In this exercise we were told to use just two shapes.


Julianne's was better.  She really got an Asian feel.

Then we worked on a shape that radiates from the center.  I like this one better.


Hmmm.  I think this is sideways.  Sorry Julianne.


And here they are all together on the floor.  Click on the picture and you might be able to see that we couldn't resist adding a little red pimento the the "olive" in the center of my first piece.  It think the circles look like moons.  I guess I should name it "Olive Moon" or "Scotty, Beam Me Up To That Olive!"  lol


A great variety!


So now I'm home I need to catch up on my little houses!


And my knitting too.  I've only added a few points to that Hitchhiker shawl.


And this is what my sewing room looks like.  OMG!  I think it's time for me to sort out and regroup.  Don't you?


3 comments:

Sew Create It - Jane said...

So many things on the go! Congrats to the parents of Grandbaby on the way! How exciting!

Twisted Quilts said...

You have been so busy! Not much time to watch basketball for you. The retreat sounds like fun, can't wait to see all your projects.

Lynn said...

Hurray! Another Grandbaby, congratulations! I can't believe this early spring, the trees around the pond are so pretty. Cute grandkid pictures. I lived near Litchfield when we first got married for 2 years and I hated the winters. We moved from Conn. to NC the last week of March (20 years ago) and there was 6 inches of snow on the ground and when we got here it was an early spring just like this, and I've loved it ever since.