Saturday, September 29, 2012

White!

 The weather has been cool enough this week for us to be waking up to mist on the pond.


I put the borders on the #3 memory quilt.


And finally finished #4, the wonky triangles.  What a job!  It wasn't a particularly fun process and since it was the fourth quilt I was getting heartily sick of working with the same clothing and fabrics.  We chose the royal blue (on the left) for the border and I still have to sew it on.  No matter what I think about the process I'm sure our client will be very pleased.  I hope the quilts evoke good memories.


Today it rained, rained again, and rained some more.  The pond was very full at dinnertime.



So there was no excuse not to get on with the painting.  I've got the primer on all the trim and doors (phew), and The Tramp got the first coat of white on the walls.


I'm sure it doesn't look like much in the photo, but the white is wonderful.  We can't get over how much brighter these dark spaces are!  I smile every time I see it.  :-)


I am a tad sick of the mess, but it hasn't fazed the dogs at all.  They seem to enjoy charging up and down the upstairs hallway on the noisy drop cloths.  :-)  I was hoping to do the caulking this evening but the first tube I tried to use (bought yesterday) just squirted all over the place and I couldn't get it to stop.  Yikes!  So those two caulk tubes went back to Home Depot.  I bought two of another brand, brought them home, and discovered those two were hard inside!  One was even previously opened and the seal broken inside.  SIGH.  Typical. Home Depot (and Lowes) regularly put used and broken items back on the shelf to sell to the next victim.  Even when we insist on store clerks opening boxes and checking things before we buy we still find missing, broken or nonfunctioning parts when we get home.  I don't know how these stores stay in business.  I really don't.  Or maybe it's just me?  For all I know it says, "Sucker Here!" on my forehead when I cross their threshold.  :-)

We did buy me a new book at Home Depot, called Square Foot Gardening.  It seems to have all it's pages (!), so I'm going to curl up in bed with it now and rest up for a long day of caulking (I hope!) and painting tomorrow.  Sweet dreams.

2 comments:

shannon said...

ahhhh, i like the triangles!!

Katherine D. Stein said...

I throughly agree with you with Lowes and Home Depot. Our Bosch dishwasher was a return...of course we didn't know it at the time...buyer beware!