Saturday, November 17, 2012

COLOR!

As I offloaded photos from various devices I realized how much color I have going on around me at the moment.  :-)

Everywhere you look outside there is color.


Flowers, shrubs and trees are blooming, even as the leaves fall.  Everywhere.


After a couple of dark days the beautiful blue sky is back.


 It's been very colorful in The Sandbox as I work on these six memory quilts.  Two down, four to go.



It's spring in New Zealand so I expect to see colorful blooming things there.  :-)  Especially sweet little boys in Snoopy jackets.


Stardust in color.  Gotta love the striped pants and striped socks!


No color here but the hands are sculpted.


As I work in the Sandbox Annex, Ivy has chosen the most colorful place to settle and watch over me.


This afternoon I plunged into sanding and painting.  Not too shabby I think.  It still needs the sealer coat.


The gel pens I used for the eyeliner, pupils and upper lip are too metallic-y and in certain lights she looks pretty creepy.  Colorful though, and fun!


The Tramp had to go to work all day today, poor baby.  And look what he came home with!  Just because.  Sigh....  He's a keeper.  :-)


2 comments:

Kath said...

Hello Katie, thankyou for your kind comment on my blog.
I love your quilts and beautiful photos and Ivy is just adorable.

Bonnie said...

Your hands (and face for that matter) look great. I am so impressed. The roses look lovely... enough to inspire a quilt of some sort!