Thursday, September 3, 2015

August

OMG!  It's September already.  Not that I'm complaining.  It's nice to finally see some cooler weather.    What's really shocking is having to think about Christmas already.  I've signed up for Chooky Blue's SSCS swap again.  I scrolled back through the blog to see what I'd done in years past and HORRORS, I discovered I never posted about last year's swap.  APOLOGIES to Chooky and to my lovely swap partners.  December and January were not without incident around here, but that's no excuse.  (hangs head in shame)

I sent swap gifts to Janice in Australia.  I wanted to make my partner a Sew Together Bag.  They were popping up all over the sewing world and I ended up making at least six last year!  Browsing Janice's weblog I discovered her involvement with vintage motorcycles.  After much searching, it was fabulous to find appropriate fabric locally at Thimble Pleasures and the bag was sent off with a few sewing goodies inside and a Christmas ornament.




A pretty package was sent to me from Sharon.  The owl is perfect for my "bird tree" and the delightfully squishy package had to wait until Christmas day.


Because the house was torn apart with the re-plumbing horror we decorated only a corner of the living room and used the smallest little table tree I could find in the attic.  My squishy package held a sweet little stitched wall hanging and I can't wait until this holiday season to hang it up.....and to put up the bird tree!  Thank you Sharon!!


So....   Looking back to August, it seems to be a blur of heat, mosquitoes, and sore shoulder, but photos tell me otherwise.  The Viking is full of energy and we struggle to find ways to burn it off constructively indoors.  He still loves the play area at the mall.  Yay.  :-)


The Tramp and I enjoyed the Cheap Trick and Peter Frampton concert at Booth Amphitheater.


The physical therapist is still trying to make me more comfortable.  When neck, back, and shoulders are aching you just gotta make a new rice bag.


It looks good and the heat feels good, but for me, selfies are never a good idea!  Good grief!  :-)


On one of his particularly fashion forward days, The Viking was sporting the Batman, Beatles and Mickey Mouse look along with bug tattoos.  :-)  We were waiting for his uncle (LZF's brother) to arrive by train on this afternoon.  The train was late which led to an exhausting couple of hours, but it meant a fun weekend for The Viking.


Not one, but two uncles!

We've had plenty of rain, though the pond hasn't overflowed this summer.  Always a relief.


The gardens aren't much to look at, but indoors I'm having some success.  :-)




The Viking continues to charm and amuse us with his two-year-old observations.  On this laundry day he was running between the laundry piles and suddenly exclaimed, "Nini!  You have pyramids!"  Did you know laundry came in pyramids?


I finished up the final two car caddies.  This glittery one was sent to Stardust for use in her mommy's car and I found a pony with butterflies on it to go in one of the pockets.  



She's a pink and glittery girl so it seems appropriate.  


Her daddy has very swish black car so I thought he might prefer to have glow in the dark Darth Vader fabric in his car.   I even managed to find a little bitty Darth Vader doll at the Hallmark store.  :-)



I still have to favor my shoulder so I'm still not sewing as much as I'd like.  In particular, not rotary cutting.  Sigh.  But The Sandbox needs a good sort anyway.  Furniture is moving around a bit and some needs maintenance and repair.  Hopefully something nicer will rise out of the mess soon!


1 comment:

Jenny said...

Hi Katie

Sorry to read that your shoulder is still not healed - that's a shame.

Love the car caddy bags, what a good idea!

It is almost Spring down here in New Zealand, so we are looking forward to warmer weather.