Sunday, June 4, 2017


Dagnabbit, my new computer mouse has gone all funny on me.  Guess I'll have to struggle with the trackpad for the time being.  Maybe I should learn to like it.  Sigh.  Send The Tramp another sympathy card.  ;-)

Anyway.....  yesterday and today we did some work outside before it got too hot.  As far as I'm concerned, by 10 am it was way too hot already, but we perservered.  Among other chores we added soaker hoses to the gardens.  Tomorrow I have to hide them under the mulch.

I also spread more pine straw.  Since this morning, a little research tells me according to best practices I've spread it too close to the house.  That's ok.  It's easy to move some of it to the other side of the yard.

The dogs don't care one way or the other.  :-)

This evening I fired up the Juki for more denim quilting.  Better thread in a new color.  King Tut isn't nearly so linty as the previous stuff.  Thank goodness!

The hard part was getting comfortable with one of the quilting presser feet.   Some days nothing feels right.  The left one is a hopping foot and it sounds like a machine gun.  I hate it.  The center one is a hopping foot, but I've "broken" it (per Leah Day) to stop the hopping.  Better, but also a better chance of skipped stitches.  The third one is similar to this one sold by Sharon Schamber and works very well, but I was having a visibility issue.  Grumble, grumble, grumble.  :-)

Recently I tried taking the Juki hopping foot apart to defeat the hop.  It didn't work very well with the open toe foot.  Hence the messing with the other feet.  So just now I took the hopping bit off of the closed toe foot and have high hopes for success when I sit down at the machine tomorrow.

My test piece looked pretty good so fingers crossed.  Ugh!  Look at those lint fuzzies!  And this is the less linty thread.  I think I'd better do a quick cleaning tomorrow too!

1 comment:

Jenny said...

I'm in awe of your denim quilting, it's amazing!!